Friday, March 4, 2011

This Sunday night is a BIG night

Church Family: This Sunday night is a BIG night
First, I wanted to thank all of you for this past Sunday night. I cannot think of anything that encourages me more than to see the body of Christ gathered togeher specifically for the purpose of prayer. I have been thinking and praying through the requests this week. I am grateful to serve in a church where our total dependence on Christ is displayed by prioritizing corporate prayer. "Prayer is not overcoming God's reluctance, but laying hold of His willingness" (Luther).
I am writing to remind you that this Sunday night is a milestone night for Orange Park Bible Church.
Considering the sermon last Sunday morning, what does it mean to walk in obedience and to strive for holiness together? "Teacher, which is the greatest commandment in the Law? 'You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the great and first commandment. And the second is like it: You shall love your neighbor as yourself. On these two commandments depend all the Law and the Prophets'" (Matthew 22:36-39).
What does the Lord desire from His Church?
"And Jesus came and said to them. All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age" (Matthew 28:18-20).
 Paul described the local church as a body with many members (I Corinthians 12). How do we know how to work together in unity, corporately, and show love to our Lord by obeying His Word?
God has given pastors and teachers for the purpose of guiding the body's "many members" in one direction for the purpose of doing ministry (Ephesians 4:11-16).
Where are we going as a Church? How can we move together in unison if we don't have a plan and if we are not equipped?
We will answer that question this Sunday night. Please pray for the following things as you prepare to hear:
- Please pray that God would allow our schedules to be free so that we can all hear together
- Please pray for me to communicate clearly and effectively
- Please pray for our plan to be God's plan
- Please pray for a unified agreement within our church and renewed life as we move forward to serve our Lord together
"The work of the ministry" includes everyone. With the foundation that has been laid, we have a unique opportunity to make a large impact on the world for our Lord. I am increasingly thankful for the opportunity to raise my family and serve my Lord with all of you. I look forward to Sunday and would greatly appreciate your prayers.
Pastor Brian

No comments:

Post a Comment